Grants for young researchers
The European Acoustics Association (EAA) supports with grants the participation of 10 young researchers and students from European Countries to Euronoise 2015. The grant includes free registration to the congress but no travel or accommodation. Applicants for this grant should fulfill the requirements for student registration.
Applications have to be send to the EAA general secretary, Prof. Tapio Lokki.
An event from and for Young Acousticians
Organizers: Young NAG (NL) and B-YAN (BE) on behalf of YAN
On Monday afternoon prior to the welcome drink, Young NAG (NL) and B-YAN (BE) have prepared a short program for all young acousticians at Euronoise on behalf of YAN (Young Acousticians Network). Professionals from parallel disciplines will share their vision on how a rich interdisciplinary working environment have inspired their careers and, consequently, improved their results.
This young acousticians event is organized with support from Ecophon Saint-Gobain.
- Artistic installation, featuring Hans Van Koolwijk (sound artist) (14:40 - 18:00h Lobby)
"To me sound is matter. I work with sound like sculptors work with stone or clay. I feel the necessity to form sounds into sculpture; you must be able to see sound, as it were. Fascinated by the foundations of sound, I experimented with principles of physics."
Hans is bringing a selection of his works and will be performing live for all participants of Euronoise 2015.
- Presentation - Interdisciplinary Acoustics (18:00 - 19:00h 0.8 Rome)
Professionals from parallel disciplines will share their vision on how a rich interdisciplinary working environment have inspired their careers and, consequently, improved their results.
- Hans Van Koolwijk (Sound Artist)
- Prof. Dick Bootteldorem (ABAV)
- Dr. Ysbrand Wijnant (N.A.G.)
- Prof. Marc Leman (IPEM - UGent)
- 10 mins: Introduction of EAA YAN and local organizers
- 40 mins: Speakers
- 10 mins: Questions
- The event will finish with a drink offered to all young noisy young participants, where you can meet fellow young acousticians.